17 July 2009

Eleanora Fagan gone away, 50 years ago today



We slept very little during those days, and I could swear that at times we walked straight up the middle of Fifth Avenue in the sunshine, just myself,
her, and Michel, alone in an empty town. A town where, after the blast of the saxophones and the flourishes on the drums and the brilliant explosion of her voice, now, by a strange process of saturation, there was only the echo of our footsteps on the pavement. I could swear that I saw New York at midday totally deserted except for this great lady...who, having quickly hugged us, would disappear into one of those long black, dusty limousines... -With Fondest Regards, Francoise Sagan

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I love this performance. I love when the blues are sad :)

"A town where, after the blast of the saxophones and the flourishes on the drums and the brilliant explosion of her voice, now, by a strange process of saturation, there was only the echo of our footsteps on the pavement." GOD I love that...whatever THAT is, it's beautiful. Can we go back in time!??!