31 March 2008

Strangers on a Train.


Lynn Yaeger, via The Sartorialist


North by Northwest

Teepee and I spotted Lynn Yaeger on the Long Island Railroad last week. I'd like to say that Teepee recognized the fashion reporter for The Village Voice, Vogue, and T: The New York Times Style Magazine, but really she's too little to be interested in reading magazines- her focus is more on gnawing on them. Anyhow, I like to imagine that Ms. Yaeger was attending a cocktail hour at a Gold Coast estate, a la North by Northwest, without the kidnapping subplot, of course, but with a gorgeous icy Hitchcock femme to save the day. Ms. Yaeger has this to say about her perfect day:

My perfect day still begins with me staring up at what is one of the most breathtaking sights in the retail pantheon—the ceiling of the main floor of Bergdorf Goodman. The uniformed doormen may be gone, the penthouse apartment the Goodman family inhabited long replaced by a beauty parlor, but that ivory and pink plaster wedding-cake ceiling is every bit as resplendent as it was in 1928, the year, smack between two world wars, when Bergdorf's opened. Since it's my perfect day, I'm wearing something splendid yet raffish, something that could have cost $10 or $1000 and that gives me the air of a faded Italian movie star.


AMEN, SISTER.

No comments: