24 November 2008

En pointe.


I slipped into the Target with my brother and mother over the weekend, where I spied this perfect plaid shirt in the little boys section for $9.99. I'm going to recover it over Thanksgiving break (it's nice to be of a certain age, nearly, and still refer to it as a break), and pair it with high-waisted jeans, my beloved Svens boots, and my imaginary Tom Binns cutlery cuff. Shirah and I were talking the other day about how despite my love of Mad Men, it has yet to inspire me aesthetically, in that I can appreciate, I just have no, no, no desire to re-create sartorially, with the exception of Betty Draper's equestrian look, which I think is just perfect. Oh, and of course Midge and Bobbie Barrett satisfy the black-clad bohemian and dishabille-throaty-kook thing I so admire.

No comments: